KAKE Creative Services is looking for a full time Multi-Media Producer to contribute to KAKE’s local marketing and client sales efforts. Qualified candidates will be able to do it all – write, shoot, light, direct, edit and produce advertising, commercials and motion graphics for television & our digital/social media platforms.
The majority of this position’s responsibility is writing, editing & shooting. The ideal candidate has experience in visual storytelling, commercial and/or promo production, videography, non-linear editing and motion graphic design.
The job is based at KAKE’s main studio in Wichita, KS, but serves clients and viewers throughout Kansas. Occasional staffing/shooting at KAKE evening/weekend community events will be required, along with regularly scheduled office work. This is a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines. You must be a disciplined self-starter with a great attitude. Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary as this producer works constantly with clients & the KAKE newsroom staff.
- Experience in on-air cable, broadcast environment or post-production house.
- Two years’ non-linear editing, motion graphic animation, and video shooting experience is preferred.
- Strong aptitude for new technology.
- Self-directing, self-motivating, with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Competitive spirit and strong team collaborator.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds required.
- Must have good driving record as this position requires occasional travel throughout Kansas.
Interested candidates can apply to:
Lori Johnson, Business Manager
1500 N. West Street
Wichita, KS 67203
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required as well as a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.