POSTED FEBRUARY 3, 2021
WFXG FOX 54 in Augusta, Georgia, has an immediate opening for a full-time Web Producer/Assignment Desk Editors. The role of Web Producer/Assignment Desk Editor is critical to the success of our newsroom.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and creating content for our website, mobile and social media platforms; as well for tv
- Writing news stories under tight deadlines
- Sending breaking news push alerts
- Gathering information from public information officers, elected officials, sources, viewers and others by phone, email and through social media
- Coordinating and assigning news crews/equipment to cover planned events, breaking news, enterprise stories and other content
- Monitoring police scanners and responding appropriately to developing events
- Creating graphics for all news platforms (tv, web/mobile, social)
- Basic video editing for all news platforms (tv, web/mobile, social)
Successful candidates must be self-starters, able to work under tight deadlines and be a vocal part of a newsroom that has a heavy emphasis on digital. Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, creative flair, time management and multi-tasking skills, ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly. You should also have a practical knowledge of social media and ready to learn the next way to share and tell stories.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2 years of experience preferred, open to recent graduates with strong internship experience
- Prior news experience or internship preferred
- Command of the tenets of professional journalism and AP Style
- Must have basic working knowledge of web design, content management systems and maintenance
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Open Broadcast Software (OBS), Adobe Suite of products, image editing software, streaming video and video editing software
- Understanding of HTML coding a plus
- Candidate must be able to learn how to use newsroom software and applications including ENPS, Edius, Oasis/Bitcentral, LiveU, Ross Xpression, Frankly Media
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY:
GM Denise Vickers email@example.com
Please reference NewsJobsWFXG in the subject line and attached your resume and links to your work.
Augusta TV LLC, WFXG FOX54 is a proud member of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. Pre-employment drug screen, driving record, and background check required. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sec, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.