WCAV CBS19 in Charlottesville, Virginia is currently recruiting a Full-Time Production Assistant to join our growing news operation. Production Assistants perform a variety of duties associated with live newscast production and master control operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mics, prompter, robotic cameras and other production equipment
- Digital video editing for news
- Video editing and ingest for programming and commercials as part of master control operations
- Assist technical directors as needed
- Create graphics for newscasts and post-production
Education: Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent. Completion of college level technical and editing classes a plus. Prefer experience with non-linear editing and Photoshop.
- Must have good technical and communication skills
- Typing and good spelling skills, as well as attention to detail
- Must be able to climb a ladder and lift up to 40 pounds
- Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Be dependable and prompt
Qualified applicants please apply directly to:
Jorma Tuomisto, Director of Operations – email@example.com
Please reference NewsJobsWCAV in the e-mail subject line and attach resume and links to your work.
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.