Lockwood Broadcast Group, the CBS/ABC/FOX/MeTV affiliate in Charlottesville, VA, is looking for an energetic, passionate, analytical and creative National Sales Manager who is up to the challenge of setting new records across multiple platforms.
Candidate must possess strong leadership and the highest level of customer service and sales skills, along with a proven track record of success with negotiating and servicing national/regional agencies. The National Sales Manager will work directly with National and Regional accounts to exceed revenue goals, establish rapport with local/regional direct client contacts, and assist the Local Sales Manager with local sales when needed. Ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be organized. Client engagement is a top priority. Candidates should also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple challenges simultaneously and excel in broadcast sales negotiations. We will provide “best in class” multi-platform products, a rewarding and challenging work environment, a talented team, and excellent compensation.
This is your chance to make a difference in a great market with a locally-owned group committed to being #1.
- Set the overall tone for national/regional sales by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national/regional/transactional sales goals across multiple media platforms
- Work alongside our Local Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager foster a positive sales environment
- Work closely with the General Sales Manager on forecasting, negotiations and planning
- Negotiate all national/regional/political business
- Maintain national orders, preempts and makegoods
- Achieve or exceed the national/regional/political revenue budget
- Work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
- Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience.
- Strong transactional negotiation skills required.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
- Takes full ownership of national/regional/political budgets and revenue goals and constantly develop strategies to overachieve
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Interested candidates should email Matt Bowman, General Sales Manager, directly at email@example.com
Lockwood Broadcast Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.