KAKE, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, Kansas, has an opening for a Weekend News Anchor/Reporter in a fast-paced newsroom. This is not a beginner position, but someone who is ready to take the next step in their career.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have a strong on-air presence on the anchor desk
- Must be able to work with producers to enhance the newscast – We’re looking for newsroom leadership
- Support and champion the KAKE On Your Side brand
- Will primarily work with photographers, but prefer MMJ experience and ability to shoot and/or edit stories
- Drive station vehicles and travel long distances as assigned
- Must be independent while communicating with assignment desk
- Must excel using all social media platforms and post stories on the website, FB, Instagram and Twitter.
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or Mass Communications preferred
- Producing knowledge preferred
- Ability to work independently and have strong editorial judgement
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must have a positive demeanor and the ability to work well with others and contribute daily
To apply, please send resume and example of work to:
Lori Johnson, Business Manager
1500 N. West Street
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required as well as a background check as allowed by federal, state and local laws and regulations.